Thursday, March 11, 2010

Festival of Native Film and Culture 2010


Here at todays 8pm showing of "Sing Bird"...produced and shot by Sean Owen at the Camelot theaters in Palm Springs, But just before it started... they opened it up with some Bird Singing... Bird Singers from Agua Caliente ...



After the movie, the audience had a chance to ask questions about the movie... and the Cahuilla cultural issues and explanations of traditional view held by Cahuilla people. The Movie "Sing Bird" Can also be seen as a possible snapshot of the complexity of Native California Indian culture today.
It was good to see Native Issues of Southern California Indians out there on a big screen... this was my first time at such an event, And it was a rather personal experience knowing/knowing of most of the people in this movie. Alvino Siva, was a great person I had the honor of even sharing the same air with... was a definite influence in this film as I had experienced when I was around him. I'm very sure that the other families related to Robert Levi of Torres-Martinez and Anthony Andreas of Agua Caliente also would see their influences as well. I was especially very impressed with the view of the younger generations of native peoples in the movie as well...
I'm sure there will be other films in the Festival of Native Film and Culture that I'm going to try and see.. hope you all who can do as well...
Albert C.


No comments:

Post a Comment