Wednesday, November 16, 2011

UCR is hosting some Native American Singing...

<~~<< Joshua Gonzales , Director at Native American Student Programs, UC Riverside...


Joshua had invited Dr. Larisa Broyles and I to attend at on at UCR... this was the first time we have been invited ... and we wanted to pay respect back to Joshua and NASA for helping the Native day Programs at Moreno Valley college where Larisa is a Professor of Anthropology.  Joshua has been on top of things for a while out there at NASA... it's an honor to help out when I can.  Bill Madrigal and his lovely Wife and daughters were at today's noon event. I was Singing with Mr. Madrigal and Joshua... and didn't get a chance to Video anything... although I did "BRING" my Zoom Hn4... I could have got some Audio down... But i let my nerves get me....
Anyhow, It was also good to sing with Mr. Madrigal... When I was Working with Alvino Siva , Preserving Songs , Cahuilla Language and other Cahuilla projects... I clearly remember how Alvino Told me ," He's Strict. , if you have a chance to meet him... Be respectful."











                           <~<< Josephine Montes Villa >>~>







I have not been at UCR's campus in years... I was surprised on all the changes.. all the Interested Students that showed up for today's noon event... Only goes to show how hard the students of NASA and Joshua are working to get the word out about First Americans.. Great work NASA!!!
Here is a Video I did get of Josie, and the White Rose Singers!!!!   ENJOY!!

!

No comments:

Post a Comment