Friday, June 26, 2009

Alvino Siva.... Goodbye my friend.









My old friend has passed away. I don't know but I am heartbroken to find out Alvino has passed. I'll miss all our long talks and lunch's around town... My wife and I send our deepest condolences to Alvino,s Family... his beloved wife Pat Siva... and the rest of the Cahuilla people. I am honored to have even been around Big Al.
I will miss him dearly.
The Cahuilla People have lost a great piece of their "Living History and culture, when WE lost Alvino..". He will always remain a positive part that has influence many, including myself. His absence will be difficult to get through during this time. I'll always remember him Directing me to always do it the Right Way... Like the old ones did... Like He did!
Goodbye my friend...
Albert Chacon

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I also heard about the passing of Alvino and was saddened to hear of it.

    Alvino was one of the most caring and secure person I have ever met. His main goal was the preservation of the Cahuilla language and he fought long and hard to keep it going. He also cared about people. He was kind to my son and taught him how to gather and cook agave. Alvino, I will never forget our agave hunting that snowy day. WE loved your yucca bean song.

    Wish I had spent more time with you. Waira and I miss you but know that you are here with us just singing and roaming the canyon.

    we love you and thank you for letting us be a part of your family,

    shelley and Waira

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really miss him too.... He Taught me so much... Along with others I had the honor me meeting. I feel he's around , kicking my butt... reminding me... Thanks for writing in.

    ReplyDelete