Friday, July 10, 2009

Alvino Siva's Memorial....

Yet again, our Cahuilla People Have Lost part of our " Living Past "....
... Alvino Siva has sadly passed away. Another piece of Cahuilla history has now gone with him... :(
A great friend and Tribal Leader,
Sean Milanovich, of the...
Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians, has
announced for us to attend Alvino's Celebration of
our old Uncle/Friends life.
He will be dearly missed and always Remembered
for his unbending strength and determination to continue on what the old ones knew. He was and Is one of the best men "I" have ever personally met in my lifetime... He is a big influence on my life...A definite positive one and I'm very sure there are thousands of others who he has impacted positively & Spiritually
You go Good everyone and please be careful on the way home and back.
Albert Chacon

Once , when I first met Alvino, A Harris's-Hawk I was handling, gifted him with a beautiful Tail feather...
I knew from then at the start he had Good Medicine within him. Alvino became one of a very few men I would call my Teacher...
Mentor, and Great friend. His "Unceasing Conviction" to continue the Cahuilla cultural traditions to the next generation
impressed all who knew him. We all admired that part of his personality. My wife and I, Mr. Chase Welmas with all of the
students that met him will always remember him giving of himself and of his culture. We miss and love you Alvino....

No comments:

Post a Comment