Monday, July 12, 2010

My Native family connections , continued..

Continuing with the subject of the previous blog entry..... My Apache side of my Family...
What has started out with only a trickle of Native information ... mainly about our native origins....
has become a flood of information and discovery of the culture our great grandmother knew before she came over from Texas....
The story is very fragmented when I tell of my beloved Great Grandma Tranquilina...
unlike my cousins in Fresno, Ca... I did not have the honor of being around her in my early life... but from what I have seen and heard during the parts that I wasn't there for... she was a ONE of a kind woman.. A leader, a person you take your life lessons from... someone who should be in the Smithsonian for the definition of Grandmother... she was all that and MORE!....she had a big hand at who I am today.
When I was an idiot... and not taking life seriously... She taken on my request to get out of Los Angeles and the deep crap I gotten myself into. I moved in with her in Pinedale Ca, around the early 90's... to say the least I am very appreciative that she would give me a chance to save me from myself... she not only did that... she gave me an "example" to follow. my family up north is very , very lucky to have her around all their lives.
Grandma T was not a Cream puff... she was tough... and you better believe she made sure you went to church... kept your manners with your elders... but for some reason... she took a liking to me and just didn't push the church thing.... Maybe she saw something native within me..... she once told me about how elders should not be acting bad, and shouldn't deserve right to pass on their negativity... and bad lifestyle...somethings are not worth paying attention to.
>>> ~~~> ONE of the most memorable moments with Grandma T was... when I figured out who we were...
I asked her..." Grandma, I know we are Native American, I know we are Apache.." She answered, "How do you know?" .. (said with a big smile)....my reply..."I don't know... I just know."
... she never told me I was wrong.... :)
>>>~~~> more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment